Homeowners faced with ever increasing energy costs will never be fully sheltered from the lack of certainty associated with traditional fossil fuel based energy. While conservation energy is of the utmost importantance for our planet and environment, it cannot protect against increasing costs of oil or gas, not to mention the costs associated with US-based global protection and transportation of critical energy supplies.
Residential application for geothermal heating and cooling typically provides a minimum annual saving of 50-60% in energy costs depending on your current system.
Today’s federal, state, and local government tax incentives are too compelling too ignore investment in renewable energy solutions for residential applications.
For an overview visit the following site: http://www.energy.gov/taxbreaks.htm
Key Renewable Energy Incentive and Savings Points
- Tax Credit for 30% of total system cost (complete system, not just unit)
- No limit to credit amount for 2009 and beyond
- Can be used to offset AMT tax
- Can be used in more than one year
- Can be combined with and across geothermal, solar and wind tax credits
- Can be combined with energy efficiency upgrade credits
- Can qualify you for Massacusetts tax credits
- Can qualify you for MACEC (www.masscec.com) solar and wind rebates
Implementing a combination of energy conserving and energy producing technologies such as geothermal, solar, and wind technologies will enable off-grid zero-carbon status at investment costs that will surprise you and savings that will shock you.